Backend Java Web Developer
Spark Universe is looking for a talented java web developer to join our small and passionate team working on the Essential Mod.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with our product and design teams to design, develop, and deploy cutting-edge Java web applications using our tech stack.
- Proactively identify challenges, think critically, and offer innovative solutions rather than waiting for directions.
- Develop robust and scalable microservices, ensuring reliable communication and fault tolerance.
- Design and maintain database systems, ensuring efficient, scalable, and secure data storage and retrieval acrosss MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, and Timeseries Databases.
- Implement and maintain monitoring tools like Grafana, Loki, and Prometheus to ensure our applications run smoothly.
- Write and maintain test cases for Java code to ensure software reliability and robustness.
- Participate in code reviews, ensuring the quality and maintainability of our codebase, and encouraging knowledge sharing within the team.
- Strong proficiency in Java, along with the related libraries and frameworks Git and Maven.
- Strong proficiency in Web Development.
- Proven experience in testing, familiar with tools like JUnit, Mockito, PowerMock, Spock, etc.
- Proven experience in developing microservices and RESTful APIs.
- Extensive experience with MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, and Timeseries Databases.
- Experience working with Guice, Guava, Caffeine, Javalin, Avaje, Gson, Retrofit, OkHttp, the Spring Framework, and more.
- Ability to tackle complex technical challenges with a logical and systematic approach.
- Excellent collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively both in a team and independently.
- Willingness to adapt in a dynamic work environment; learn and implement new technologies and techniques as the business demands.
- Deep commitment for writing clean, well-documented, and highly effective code.
What we offer
- Work with a team of forward-thinkers, utilising the latest technologies to drive innovation.
- Continuous learning and growth opportunities with access to necessary learning materials.
- Remote-friendly culture, with flexible hours to ensure a positive work-life balance.
- A diverse and inclusive environment where every voice matters, and every contribution is valued.
- A negotiable starting rate of $25 to $30 USD per hour (freelance).
How to apply
Please send your applications via email to email@example.com, and make sure to include the following details:
- Your full legal name
- Your country and time zone
- Your age
- Link(s) or download(s) to your portfolio (GitHub, resume, etc.)
- Tell us a little bit about yourself, your path so far, and what you wish to accomplish